Estate agent found unwelcome visitor
A STARTLED estate agent was showing people around a property when she found a man asleep in the bath. Bradley Hall had broken into the newly built property in Saturn Road, Ipswich on April 21 and was showering when police arrived to arrest him.
A STARTLED estate agent was showing people around a property when she found a man asleep in the bath.
Bradley Hall had broken into the newly built property in Saturn Road, Ipswich on April 21 and was showering when police arrived to arrest him.
The 21-year-old admitted he had been homeless since December last year and had spent the night at the house. He was then found by an employee of Crest Nicholson when she was showing prospective buyers around.
Hall pleaded guilty to a charge of burglary, taking water and electric at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court on April 23.
Gareth Davies, prosecuting said: “Police were called and he was just getting out of the shower, he was dripping wet. He had nowhere else to stay”.
Mark Holt mitigating said: “He has been homeless since December 12. He has been staying at the YMCA, The Foyer and at friends' addresses”.
- 1 All four wheels stolen from BMW car parked outside home
- 2 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 3 Lido cash bid could get restoration of much-loved pool underway
- 4 Two men spit at victim and demand money near Ipswich Waterfront
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 6 7 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 7 Drug dealers jailed after police seize cocaine from van and home
- 8 Line-up announced for Ipswich library's music event
- 9 Travel: Our night at boutique hotel with rooftop bar and incredible views
- 10 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
District Judge David Cooper said: “I wonder if the people still bought the house”.
He sentenced Hall to one night in custody.