Estate agent found unwelcome visitor
A STARTLED estate agent was showing people around a property when she found a man asleep in the bath. Bradley Hall had broken into the newly built property in Saturn Road, Ipswich on April 21 and was showering when police arrived to arrest him.
A STARTLED estate agent was showing people around a property when she found a man asleep in the bath.
Bradley Hall had broken into the newly built property in Saturn Road, Ipswich on April 21 and was showering when police arrived to arrest him.
The 21-year-old admitted he had been homeless since December last year and had spent the night at the house. He was then found by an employee of Crest Nicholson when she was showing prospective buyers around.
Hall pleaded guilty to a charge of burglary, taking water and electric at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court on April 23.
You may also want to watch:
Gareth Davies, prosecuting said: “Police were called and he was just getting out of the shower, he was dripping wet. He had nowhere else to stay”.
Mark Holt mitigating said: “He has been homeless since December 12. He has been staying at the YMCA, The Foyer and at friends' addresses”.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 4 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 5 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 6 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
- 10 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
District Judge David Cooper said: “I wonder if the people still bought the house”.
He sentenced Hall to one night in custody.