Euros stolen in mail van theft
A ROYAL Mail van was broken into today and among the packages taken was one containing a large amount of Euros.The theft happened when the driver left the vehicle to make a delivery in Milton Street, Ipswich, at around 8am.
A ROYAL Mail van was broken into today and among the packages taken was one containing a large amount of Euros.
The theft happened when the driver left the vehicle to make a delivery in Milton Street, Ipswich, at around 8am.
He returned to find his van had been broken into and around 12 special delivery packages were missing.
A Royal Mail spokeswoman said: "We can confirm that a Royal Mail van was broken into this morning.
"The security of our customer's mail is paramount and unfortunately 12 special delivery items were taken.
"The recipients have been notified and we are currently working with the police to in investigating this matter."
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 6 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 7 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 10 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
A police spokeswoman said that the amount of Euros missing was not a huge amount but more than the average person would take on holiday.
She added that if anyone is approached by someone suspicious trying to cash in a large amount of Euros they should contact Pc Rob Le-Marc on Ipswich 613500.