Euros stolen in mail van theft
A ROYAL Mail van was broken into today and among the packages taken was one containing a large amount of Euros.The theft happened when the driver left the vehicle to make a delivery in Milton Street, Ipswich, at around 8am.
A ROYAL Mail van was broken into today and among the packages taken was one containing a large amount of Euros.
The theft happened when the driver left the vehicle to make a delivery in Milton Street, Ipswich, at around 8am.
He returned to find his van had been broken into and around 12 special delivery packages were missing.
A Royal Mail spokeswoman said: "We can confirm that a Royal Mail van was broken into this morning.
You may also want to watch:
"The security of our customer's mail is paramount and unfortunately 12 special delivery items were taken.
"The recipients have been notified and we are currently working with the police to in investigating this matter."
- 1 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 2 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 3 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 6 Cyclist suffers injuries after crash in Ipswich
- 7 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 8 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 9 Receptionist spent 40 days and nights living in Ipswich animal shelter
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
A police spokeswoman said that the amount of Euros missing was not a huge amount but more than the average person would take on holiday.
She added that if anyone is approached by someone suspicious trying to cash in a large amount of Euros they should contact Pc Rob Le-Marc on Ipswich 613500.