Euros stolen in mail van theft
A ROYAL Mail van was broken into today and among the packages taken was one containing a large amount of Euros.The theft happened when the driver left the vehicle to make a delivery in Milton Street, Ipswich, at around 8am.
A ROYAL Mail van was broken into today and among the packages taken was one containing a large amount of Euros.
The theft happened when the driver left the vehicle to make a delivery in Milton Street, Ipswich, at around 8am.
He returned to find his van had been broken into and around 12 special delivery packages were missing.
A Royal Mail spokeswoman said: "We can confirm that a Royal Mail van was broken into this morning.
You may also want to watch:
"The security of our customer's mail is paramount and unfortunately 12 special delivery items were taken.
"The recipients have been notified and we are currently working with the police to in investigating this matter."
- 1 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 2 Ipswich bar forced to close early after staff attacked
- 3 New restaurant set to open at former Little Waitrose store this year
- 4 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 7 Celebrations as Starbucks opens its new Ipswich drive-thru
- 8 Man in his 80s seriously injured after crash near Copdock
- 9 Woman injured after being struck by van near Morrisons in Ipswich
- 10 60 sausage dogs enjoy picnic in Ipswich's Christchurch Park
A police spokeswoman said that the amount of Euros missing was not a huge amount but more than the average person would take on holiday.
She added that if anyone is approached by someone suspicious trying to cash in a large amount of Euros they should contact Pc Rob Le-Marc on Ipswich 613500.