Evacuation at Cineworld in Ipswich due to power cut
More than 400 properties in Ipswich lost power tonight as a result of an underground cable fault.
Cineworld, which is based at Cardinal Park, had to evacuate its screening rooms when the cut happened at 7.05pm.
All but two buildings regained power within one minute, a spokesman for UK Power Networks said.
Cineworld and one other property were out of power until 7.37pm, the spokesman added.
In total, 435 properties in the IP1 postcode area were affected by the fault.
You may also want to watch:
The UK Power Networks spokesman said the company apologised to all those who were affected by the incident.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 5 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 6 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 7 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 8 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant