Events pick of the day: June 5
LOOKING for something to do today? Here's a selection of what's going on today. For the comprehensive list of events in and around Ipswich, don't miss the Evening Star every day.
LOOKING for something to do today? Here's a selection of what's going on today.
For the comprehensive list of events in and around Ipswich, don't miss the Evening Star every day. And look out for great two for one cinema ticket offers in the Star every week.
New Wolsey Studio: Pulse 09 Fringe Festival, The Caravan, 6pm, 6.50pm, 7.40pm and 8.30pm.
New Wolsey Theatre: Pulse 09 Fringe Festival, Dance Triple Bill, 7.45pm. The Truth Is I Can't Stop Telling Lies, 8pm, a new one man show from Senor Tam Hinton, tel. 01473 295900.
- 1 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 2 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 3 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 4 Two arrests made following stabbing
- 5 'We're lucky to get her back' - Drone finds missing Pinky after 17 days
- 6 'Incredibly proud': 11-year-old saves classmate choking on chicken nugget
- 7 Alleyway near Ipswich town centre remains sealed off after serious assault
- 8 Serving police officer appears in court over alleged misconduct offence
- 9 'Fantastic' new café at Needham Lake beauty spot opens its doors
- 10 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
St Mary's Church, Combs: The history and guided tour of St Mary's Church, an evening with Clive Paine, well-known historian and church enthusiast, light refreshments available, tel. 01449 678452.
Martlesham Heath, The Main Hall, Community Centre, Old Felixstowe Road: Martlesham Heath Aviation Society monthly meeting, 7.30pm, Tom Wingham presents Evader - five months on the run! Fascinating account about Tom, an RAF pilot, who having been shot down over occupied Europe in the Second World War, spent five months evading capture.
Wildlife walk at Newbourne Springs, 7.30pm, a Felixstowe SWT event, tel. 01394 210535. Meet in car park.
Reunion Gallery, 36 Gainsborough Road, Felixstowe: Suffolk Open Studios, 10am-5pm, selected SOS artists present 2D and 3D work, runs until Jun 13.
Eyestorm Design, 27-29 St Nicholas Street: New exhibition, Ben Allen, Tues-Sat 10am-5pm, tel. 01473 222197, runs until Jun 20.
Town Hall Galleries:
Gallery One, Unknown Paintings of an Ipswich Architect, 10am-5pm Tue-Sat, Brikin Haward 1912-2002, runs until Jun 13, tel. 01473 432863.
Gallery Two, Relief Prints, Penny Berry, Suffolk Craft Society, Tue-Sat, runs until June 13, tel. 01473 432863.
Gallery Three, Anglo-Saxon Art in the Round, Tue-Sat 10am-5pm, explores kings and beasts through coins and jewellery, tel. 01473 432863, runs until Sept 5.