Events pick of the day: June 5
LOOKING for something to do today? Here's a selection of what's going on today. For the comprehensive list of events in and around Ipswich, don't miss the Evening Star every day.
LOOKING for something to do today? Here's a selection of what's going on today.
For the comprehensive list of events in and around Ipswich, don't miss the Evening Star every day. And look out for great two for one cinema ticket offers in the Star every week.
New Wolsey Studio: Pulse 09 Fringe Festival, The Caravan, 6pm, 6.50pm, 7.40pm and 8.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
New Wolsey Theatre: Pulse 09 Fringe Festival, Dance Triple Bill, 7.45pm. The Truth Is I Can't Stop Telling Lies, 8pm, a new one man show from Senor Tam Hinton, tel. 01473 295900.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 6 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 7 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 8 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 9 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 10 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
St Mary's Church, Combs: The history and guided tour of St Mary's Church, an evening with Clive Paine, well-known historian and church enthusiast, light refreshments available, tel. 01449 678452.
Martlesham Heath, The Main Hall, Community Centre, Old Felixstowe Road: Martlesham Heath Aviation Society monthly meeting, 7.30pm, Tom Wingham presents Evader - five months on the run! Fascinating account about Tom, an RAF pilot, who having been shot down over occupied Europe in the Second World War, spent five months evading capture.
Wildlife walk at Newbourne Springs, 7.30pm, a Felixstowe SWT event, tel. 01394 210535. Meet in car park.
Reunion Gallery, 36 Gainsborough Road, Felixstowe: Suffolk Open Studios, 10am-5pm, selected SOS artists present 2D and 3D work, runs until Jun 13.
Eyestorm Design, 27-29 St Nicholas Street: New exhibition, Ben Allen, Tues-Sat 10am-5pm, tel. 01473 222197, runs until Jun 20.
Town Hall Galleries:
Gallery One, Unknown Paintings of an Ipswich Architect, 10am-5pm Tue-Sat, Brikin Haward 1912-2002, runs until Jun 13, tel. 01473 432863.
Gallery Two, Relief Prints, Penny Berry, Suffolk Craft Society, Tue-Sat, runs until June 13, tel. 01473 432863.
Gallery Three, Anglo-Saxon Art in the Round, Tue-Sat 10am-5pm, explores kings and beasts through coins and jewellery, tel. 01473 432863, runs until Sept 5.