Ex Stow teacher on trial for indecency
FORMER music teacher and concert band leader Derek Cable is to stand trial at crown court on a series of charges of indecency on boys.Cable appeared at St Edmundsbury Magistrates on Thursday, where the case against him was committed to Bury St Edmunds Crown Court on December 13.
FORMER music teacher and concert band leader Derek Cable is to stand trial at crown court on a series of charges of indecency on boys.
Cable appeared at St Edmundsbury Magistrates on Thursday, where the case against him was committed to Bury St Edmunds Crown Court on December 13.
The 62-year-old is a former teacher at Stowmarket Middle School and vice president of the Suffolk Concert Band denies 10 charges of indecency alleged to have taken place between 1970 and 1986.
They are made up of three charges of gross indecency and seven of indecent assault and are alleged to have taken place in the Stowmarket area.
You may also want to watch:
Cable, of Edgecomb Road, Stowmarket, was arrested in April when he returned to Suffolk from his home in Singapore for a band reunion.
Magistrates yesterday gave him permission to have his bail address varied to Bexhill on Sea for a few days this month and a weekly reporting condition to Stowmarket police was waived during the time he is away.
- 1 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 4 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 5 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking
- 6 Man in 30s dies in serious crash between two cars in Wherstead
- 7 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 8 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 9 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 10 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations