Ex Stow teacher on trial for indecency
FORMER music teacher and concert band leader Derek Cable is to stand trial at crown court on a series of charges of indecency on boys.Cable appeared at St Edmundsbury Magistrates on Thursday, where the case against him was committed to Bury St Edmunds Crown Court on December 13.
FORMER music teacher and concert band leader Derek Cable is to stand trial at crown court on a series of charges of indecency on boys.
Cable appeared at St Edmundsbury Magistrates on Thursday, where the case against him was committed to Bury St Edmunds Crown Court on December 13.
The 62-year-old is a former teacher at Stowmarket Middle School and vice president of the Suffolk Concert Band denies 10 charges of indecency alleged to have taken place between 1970 and 1986.
They are made up of three charges of gross indecency and seven of indecent assault and are alleged to have taken place in the Stowmarket area.
Cable, of Edgecomb Road, Stowmarket, was arrested in April when he returned to Suffolk from his home in Singapore for a band reunion.
Magistrates yesterday gave him permission to have his bail address varied to Bexhill on Sea for a few days this month and a weekly reporting condition to Stowmarket police was waived during the time he is away.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 5 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 6 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 7 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 8 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 9 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week