Ex Stow teacher on trial for indecency
FORMER music teacher and concert band leader Derek Cable is to stand trial at crown court on a series of charges of indecency on boys.Cable appeared at St Edmundsbury Magistrates on Thursday, where the case against him was committed to Bury St Edmunds Crown Court on December 13.
FORMER music teacher and concert band leader Derek Cable is to stand trial at crown court on a series of charges of indecency on boys.
Cable appeared at St Edmundsbury Magistrates on Thursday, where the case against him was committed to Bury St Edmunds Crown Court on December 13.
The 62-year-old is a former teacher at Stowmarket Middle School and vice president of the Suffolk Concert Band denies 10 charges of indecency alleged to have taken place between 1970 and 1986.
They are made up of three charges of gross indecency and seven of indecent assault and are alleged to have taken place in the Stowmarket area.
You may also want to watch:
Cable, of Edgecomb Road, Stowmarket, was arrested in April when he returned to Suffolk from his home in Singapore for a band reunion.
Magistrates yesterday gave him permission to have his bail address varied to Bexhill on Sea for a few days this month and a weekly reporting condition to Stowmarket police was waived during the time he is away.
- 1 Man left with life-changing injuries following stabbing in Ipswich
- 2 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 3 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 4 'Controlling' man locked girlfriend in house
- 5 Mum opens eco-friendly refill store thanks to savings and public donations
- 6 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 7 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 8 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next month
- 9 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 Extra police patrols to be carried out in Ipswich following stabbing