Ex town star faces cancer test agony
FORMER Ipswich Town star Jason Cundy is waiting to hear if the cancer he successfully battled against more than five years ago has returned.The popular defender has undergone an exploratory operation after specialists spotted signs of the disease during a routine check-up.
FORMER Ipswich Town star Jason Cundy is waiting to hear if the cancer he successfully battled against more than five years ago has returned.
The popular defender has undergone an exploratory operation after specialists spotted signs of the disease during a routine check-up.
Cundy, 32, now faces a 10-day wait to hear if he faces another fight against testicular cancer.
His wife Lizzie said yesterday: "Jason has gone into hospital for a biopsy to see if there is a possibility the cancer has come back. The oncologist saw some little warning signs and there was a feeling he had to go through another operation. He might need radiotherapy."
You may also want to watch:
But Cundy, who is a founder member and trustee of the Cancer Campaign in Suffolk, is determined to beat the disease again if he has to.
"He's extremely positive about it, unbelievably so. He is prepared to go for more treatment and says he has done it before and will do it again. It's something you can't run away from," said Mrs Cundy.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 3 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 4 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 5 Hail, thunder and gusty winds forecast for Suffolk
- 6 Pub bosses hope for 'return to normality' as Covid cases fall in Ipswich
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 9 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 10 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25