Excitement high over church leader visit
EXCITED church-goers in Ipswich are today looking forward to welcoming their very own version of the 'Pope' to the town.Seventh-day Adventists can't wait to greet their international leader who will be preaching to them in a one-off service tomorrow.
EXCITED church-goers in Ipswich are today looking forward to welcoming their very own version of the 'Pope' to the town.
Seventh-day Adventists can't wait to greet their international leader who will be preaching to them in a one-off service tomorrow.
Pastor Fernand Lombart from the Ipswich Seventh-day Adventist Church in Rope Walk said he was over-the-moon when he heard the news that Jan Paulsen had decided to visit Ipswich after an invitation from the church.
He said: “Everyone here is so excited. For us it is like the Pope coming because he is the leader of our church.
You may also want to watch:
“And it's not every day that the Pope comes to Ipswich!
“I think it's amazing for our leader to take time and come here to spend time with us.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 7 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 9 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 10 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
“It's a boost for everyone and a gives us a good feeling.
“I have seen him before at big meetings but I haven't had a chance to meet him and talk to him before.
“Now I can ask the burning questions - it is the opportunity of a lifetime.”
At the special event on Saturday around 600 people are expected to fill ChristChurch inter-denominational church on Tackett Street, Ipswich, and most of the spaces have already been taken.
During the day Pastor Paulsen will direct a Bible study group between 10am and 11.15am before leading the main service between 11.30am and 1pm. Afterwards there will be an open discussion where people can pose various questions.
Are you excited about Jan Paulsen coming to Ipswich? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN, or e-mail email@example.com.
Seventh-day Adventist Church
It is a Christian denomination church aligned to Protestantism.
It has a worldwide membership of more than 14 million people and an active presence in most countries of the world.
Members believe that Jesus will return to earth in the near future and that Saturday is the Sabbath, a day God put a special blessing on which they can still benefit from.
The church also operates 174 hospitals, 393 clinics and dispensaries, and 158 nursing homes, retirement centres, orphanages and children's homes.
In Ipswich the church has around 110 members.