Experts must wait for bird flu results
RESULTS confirming the strain of the virus to hit a Suffolk poultry farm may not be available until Sunday, the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs has said.
RESULTS confirming the strain of the virus to hit a Suffolk poultry farm may not be available until tomorrow, the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) said today .
She said: “We are currently waiting for the results of the tests, although these might not come until tomorrow.
“The scientists have made the results a matter of priority and are hoping to have more news soon.”
The spokeswoman said that surveillance zones could be set up later today.
The outbreak is at the Bernard Matthews factory site in Holton.
Keep updated on this story at www.eveningstar.co.uk today.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 3 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 6 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 7 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 8 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 9 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 10 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores