Fab day looms for Ipswich
GET your Fab face on!The Evening Star is today giving away this life-size mask of Fabian Wilnis so the town can give him the send-off he deserves.
GET your Fab face on!
The Evening Star is today giving away this life-size mask of Fabian Wilnis so the town can give him the send-off he deserves.
We want you to cut it out, stick it on your face and get down to Portman Road so he can bow out at his testimonial match with thousands of his heads held high.
The masks went down a storm with Fabian yesterday when we met up with him as he signed copies of his autobiography, Full English, at Planet Blue in the Buttermarket.
He said: “It is such a brilliant idea from The Evening Star. I can't thank them enough.
“Sometimes I can't believe this is all happening to me. This testimonial will be the ultimate honour.”
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 5 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 6 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 7 Wallet and cash stolen as two more cars have windows smashed in in Ipswich
- 8 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 9 Man, 25, threatened to kill ex-partner with wrench, court hears
- 10 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
The 38-year-old Dutchman will be taking to the field for one last time on Saturday when a new tune, penned in his honour, called Let's Go To Town, will fill the stadium.
A number of former Town greats including Martijn Reuser, Herman Hreidarsson and Frans Thijssen will be lining up alongside him for the showpiece game against Colchester United.
Fabian said: “It is such a privilege that they are all coming for me.”
After the game, a special dinner is to be laid on at the Corn Exchange, where all the ex-players will celebrate his career.
Fabian played 325 times for Town, scoring six times - one of which was in their first home game in the Premiership against Manchester United.
The testimonial kicks off at 2pm. Tickets cost �15 for adults and �2 for children and can be bought from Planet Blue, the club shop at Portman Road or by calling the ticket office on 0870 111 0555.