Facebook block for Hungary on Notts County page after club sign Ipswich Town forward Balint Bajner
- Credit: PA
Notts County have blocked Facebook comments from Hungary after the League One side received an unusually high number of posts from residents of the country about the signing of Balint Bajner.
Hungary international Bajner joined County on Tuesday and despite the comments about his arrival being “taken in good fun”, the Magpies were forced to act when their Facebook page was overwhelmed with comments relating to the 24-year-old forward.
County’s page also gained more than 1,700 new likes in just two days after Bajner inked a short-term deal after being released by Ipswich.
County’s head of media Jamie Dixon told the BBC the ban is likely to only be a temporary measure.
He said: “Anything we posted got a good number of Balint Bajner posts within a few minutes and it just grew and grew.
“It was all taken in good fun but then we did have to appreciate that it was blurring the waters for everyone else on the page.
“We had to take the rather drastic step of blocking Hungary.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at park in Ipswich
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 4 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 5 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
- 6 Teenage moped driver arrested in Ipswich after failing drug test
- 7 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 8 Jail for Ipswich man who stole £2,000 worth of goods from Suffolk stores
- 9 Food review, La Cueva, Ipswich: 'Delicious food... and sparkly cocktails!'
- 10 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
“Hopefully, (it is) just a temporary measure. We have set up a Hungarian Magpies page, which is proving quite popular so hopefully that’ll take some of the traffic away.”
Ipswich were also overwhelmed with messages on their Facebook page when they signed Bajner from Borussia Dortmund in July.
Bajner came off the bench to make his debut for his new club in Tuesday’s goalless draw at Doncaster.