Facebook taunting jailbird captured
CRAIG 'Lazy' Lynch - the Hollesley Bay prisoner who went on the run and taunted police on Facebook - has been caught.
CRAIG 'Lazy/Lazie' Lynch the Hollesley Bay prisoner who went on the run and taunted police on Facebook has been caught.
He was arrested by the Metropolitan Police in Kent last night.
The 28-year-old has been charged with escaping from lawful custody and appeared at Bexleyheath Magistrates Court today
He was remanded in custody and his case was sent to Woolwich Crown Court for a hearing on January 20.
You may also want to watch:
Lynch absconded from the open prison, near Woodbridge, last September as he neared the end of a seven-year sentence for aggravated burglary.
He has been using social networking website Facebook to taunt police - mocking officers for not finding him, publishing photographs of him on the run and agreeing to attend events in upcoming months.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
More than 40,000 people signed up to “fan” pages dedicated to Lynch and there have even been t-shirts made with his photo on.
However the criminal faced a backlash from the online community and Facebook closed down his personal page.
Earlier this month internet users now created musical tributes to Lynch.
Two songs were posted on video website YouTube charting Lynch's exploits.
They included a folk type ballad entitled the Crazy Craig Lynch Song.
The lyrics include: “Crazy Craig Lazie Lynch, busted out of prison like it was a cinch, now the English bounty hunt on with no trails, can they catch him? Only time will tell.”
Meanwhile Wil E Haze created a hip hop song called Craig Lazie Lynch - Not So Lazie.
Lynch, set up a new Facebook page under the name Maximus Justice and posted a reference to a video of himself enjoying the London fireworks surrounded by policemen in Westminster, London at New Year,
But another recent post indicated officers were closing in on the runaway convict.
“Police have just towed two of my vehicles away on trucks and ransacked my business,” it read. “They think it is going to cripple me, the fools. I was going to hand myself in 15 Jan, well not now.”