Facelift for Leiston gets go ahead
A town centre facelift for Leiston has been given the go-ahead. Members of Suffolk Coastal District Council's cabinet committee met to discuss the major proposals being planned for Leiston.
A town centre facelift for Leiston has been given the go-ahead.
Members of Suffolk Coastal District Council's cabinet committee met to discuss the major proposals being planned for Leiston.
The project tackles a range of issues from transport, services and traffic to promotion of the town and is outlined in the Leiston Town Centre Action Plan.
A total of 45 projects have been laid out including plans to create a town square at the Old Post Office Square, giving more space for pedestrians and reducing the impact of parked cars.
You may also want to watch:
Consultants are also looking at the possibility of a one-way system in the town as part of a new transport action plan.
Jeremy Schofield, the council's director of planning and leisure, said members had endorsed the plans yesterday and were pleased to be working on the project.
- 1 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 4 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 5 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking
- 8 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 9 Man in 30s dies in serious crash between two cars in Wherstead
- 10 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
"It's an important action plan taking forward further development and improvement of Leiston," he added.