See pictures from teddy bear’s picnic in Ipswich
- Credit: Lucy Taylor Photography
Hundreds of children and their favourite fluffy friends descended on an Ipswich park to enjoy a teddy bear’s picnic.
The event was held on the mansion lawn in Christchurch Park last weekend and was organised by the town’s borough council.
There was plenty for families to enjoy, including face painting, henna tattoos, balloon modelling, arts and crafts, games and a bear hunt inside Christchurch Mansion.
The picnic marked the beginning of Ipswich Borough Council’s summer programme of events.
A council spokesman said: “It was so nice to see so many youngsters with their favourite teddy bears and other cuddly toys turn up at the mansion on such a sunny day.
“This has become an established opener of the Ipswich summer ‘season’ and is growing in popularity.”
The spokesman said the council was now gearing up for other events in the town, including the Ipswich Jazz Festival, Outdoor Cinema, Music Day, Global Rhythm, Indian Mela, Maritime Festival and the Holywells Park family fun days.
He added: “It all proves that Ipswich is the best place to be if you want to be entertained this summer and many of our events are free.”
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 3 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 4 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 7 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 8 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 9 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 10 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark