Families' horror at alleyway killing
SOME poor mother and father out there are facing up to Christmas without their little girl.That was the poignant reaction today from people living near the scene of yesterday's savage murder of Cara Martin-Brown, of Hawthorn Drive, Ipswich, in a park in the town.
By Jessica Nicholls
SOME poor mother and father out there are facing up to Christmas without their little girl.
That was the poignant reaction today from people living near the scene of yesterday's savage murder of Cara Martin-Brown, of Hawthorn Drive, Ipswich, in a park in the town.
As revealed in a late edition of The Evening Star, Miss Martin-Brown died after she was found unconscious in an alleyway off Alderman Road in the early hours of yesterday morning.
As people living nearby get ready for Christmas, their hearts went out to the family of a dead woman they never knew.
A huge area of the recreation ground and part of Alderman Road was still taped off today – a stark reminder of the dreadful event that happened just yards from their homes as they were sleeping.
- 1 Boys, 15 and 16, arrested after man injured in machete attack in Ipswich
- 2 Ann Summers on the move in Ipswich
- 3 Hunt for convicted murderer released on temporary licence in Ipswich
- 4 Award winning Felixstowe family card shop turns 75
- 5 First look at new Arlingtons as venue reopening today
- 6 'Really concerning' – Shock after machete attack at Ipswich sports centre
- 7 Mapped: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in June
- 8 See inside £715k mid Suffolk townhouse for sale after major revamp
- 9 Pre-school celebrating 'right result' after Ofsted good rating
- 10 Night time family fishing planned after successful event
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR