Families' horror at alleyway killing
SOME poor mother and father out there are facing up to Christmas without their little girl.That was the poignant reaction today from people living near the scene of yesterday's savage murder of Cara Martin-Brown, of Hawthorn Drive, Ipswich, in a park in the town.
By Jessica Nicholls
SOME poor mother and father out there are facing up to Christmas without their little girl.
That was the poignant reaction today from people living near the scene of yesterday's savage murder of Cara Martin-Brown, of Hawthorn Drive, Ipswich, in a park in the town.
As revealed in a late edition of The Evening Star, Miss Martin-Brown died after she was found unconscious in an alleyway off Alderman Road in the early hours of yesterday morning.
You may also want to watch:
As people living nearby get ready for Christmas, their hearts went out to the family of a dead woman they never knew.
A huge area of the recreation ground and part of Alderman Road was still taped off today – a stark reminder of the dreadful event that happened just yards from their homes as they were sleeping.
- 1 Body found in the River Orwell
- 2 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 3 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Plans for new central Ipswich Travelodge now available to view online
- 6 Felixstowe beach hut sells for record price of £65k within hours
- 7 Ipswich music producer's 'amazing' rise as global DJ's assistant
- 8 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 9 Breakdown on Orwell Bridge cleared after queues to Copdock roundabout
- 10 Cheers! Ipswich pubs and restaurants welcome first indoor guests of 2021
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR