Families' horror at alleyway killing
SOME poor mother and father out there are facing up to Christmas without their little girl.That was the poignant reaction today from people living near the scene of yesterday's savage murder of Cara Martin-Brown, of Hawthorn Drive, Ipswich, in a park in the town.
By Jessica Nicholls
SOME poor mother and father out there are facing up to Christmas without their little girl.
That was the poignant reaction today from people living near the scene of yesterday's savage murder of Cara Martin-Brown, of Hawthorn Drive, Ipswich, in a park in the town.
As revealed in a late edition of The Evening Star, Miss Martin-Brown died after she was found unconscious in an alleyway off Alderman Road in the early hours of yesterday morning.
You may also want to watch:
As people living nearby get ready for Christmas, their hearts went out to the family of a dead woman they never knew.
A huge area of the recreation ground and part of Alderman Road was still taped off today – a stark reminder of the dreadful event that happened just yards from their homes as they were sleeping.
- 1 Aldi store on Ipswich estate 'set to close within weeks'
- 2 Frustration and fear as burger van window smashed
- 3 Cash and jewellery stolen after Ipswich home broken into
- 4 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 5 Boy, 15, appears in court after teenager stabbed in Ipswich
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Woman, 34, to stand trial for robbery next year
- 8 OPINION: Why I'm too old to be waking up with a Sunday morning hangover
- 9 Jury in schoolgirl rape case retires to consider verdicts
- 10 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR