Families left homeless by flats blaze
AN Ipswich family told how they fled for their lives as fire tore through a block of flats.Today, fire investigators were due to pick through the wreckage that was once a home.
AN Ipswich family told how they fled for their lives as fire tore through a block of flats.
Today, fire investigators were due to pick through the wreckage that was once a home.
The fierce blaze left another 11 families homeless.
Homes were evacuated after a fire ripped through the block of flats in Downside Close, Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
Two homes were completely destroyed in the blaze which started soon after 7 pm last night.
The blaze began in a third-floor flat and spread quickly to its neighbouring apartment through the roof space as more than 30 firefighters fought back the flames.
- 1 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 2 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 6 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 9 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
During the fire, neighbours reported hearing two loud explosions, flames shooting into the sky and thick black smoke filling the cul-de-sac.
FULL STORY AND DRAMATIC PICTURES IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR