Family joy as 'missing' teenager returns
RUNAWAY teenager Pagean Turner has been returned safe and well to her Suffolk grandparents.Police found Pagean, 16, in a house in Ilford, Essex more than a week after she disappeared without a trace from her grandparents' home in Barking Tye, near Needham Market.
RUNAWAY teenager Pagean Turner has been returned safe and well to her Suffolk grandparents.
Police found Pagean, 16, in a house in Ilford, Essex more than a week after she disappeared without a trace from her grandparents' home in Barking Tye, near Needham Market.
The teenager is thought to have been staying with friends in Ilford.
Pagean's grandfather, Alan Turner, 72, said he was relieved that Pagean was returned to them on Sunday .
You may also want to watch:
He said: "Pagean is OK, there is nothing untoward. All we know is that she was in the London area and, from what we can gather, she was staying with somebody.
"We are relieved that Pagean is OK – she is still a bit young for disappearing like that. We just hope that she is going to stay now."
- 1 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 2 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 3 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 4 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 5 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 6 The 10 most Instagrammable spots in Ipswich - is your favourite on the list?
- 7 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 8 35 pictures from Ipswich Town's friendly clash with Palace
- 9 Christmas in July! Ipswich friends host summer festive feast
- 10 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
Suffolk police believe that Pagean was staying with people she has known for some time.
The 16-year-old disappeared last Friday , leaving no word as to where she had gone, after saying she was meeting an old friend in Stowmarket.
Her grandparents, Alan and Bridget Turner, believe Pagean had most likely been meeting people she first met on the internet.
Pagean, who has only been living with her grandparents for the past few weeks, has disappeared twice before in similar circumstances.
The teenager, whose mother died about two years ago, used to live with her father in Luton, but came to Suffolk after the relationship between Pagean and her father broke down.