Family of seven homeless after blaze

A FAMILY of seven was left homeless after a dishwasher caught fire in their home.

A FAMILY of seven was left homeless after a dishwasher caught fire in their home.

The blaze broke out yesterday at 4.17pm in a detached home in Buttercup Way, Southminster, east Essex.

Fire engines from Burnham and Tillingham attended.

Crews wearing breathing apparatus tackled the fire. The whole of the ground and first floor of the house was heavily smoke-logged.


You may also want to watch:


The Red Cross victim support unit was also called.

The incident was dealt with by 4.50pm.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter