Family's pain over teen's pool death
HAPPY-go-lucky Suffolk teenager Ashley Surtees had the best of his life ahead of him.But today, after a tragic swimming accident on a family holiday, the 17-year-old's parents are facing life without their youngest son.
HAPPY-go-lucky Suffolk teenager Ashley Surtees had the best of his life ahead of him.
But today, after a tragic swimming accident on a family holiday, the 17-year-old's parents are facing life without their youngest son.
Ashley drowned in a hotel pool in Gran Canaria but Samantha and Jerry Cobbold are riddled with questions about how the confident and competent swimmer met his death.
In a loving tribute, the couple said: “Living without him is causing heartache and pain which will be with us forever.
You may also want to watch:
“We need answers about what happened.”
For full story see today's Evening Star.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 3 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood