‘I am over the moon’ – Ipswich family welcomes fifth generation
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich family are celebrating the arrival of a baby who is the fifth generation of their family – and the first boy.
Ezra Andrews was very eager to become the latest addition to the family – as he arrived two weeks early, and didn’t want to wait to get to hospital.
His mum Sharni Andrews described the birth as smooth but fast, and said: “We barely had time to get to the hospital, I thought I was going to give birth at home.
“The birth went really smooth and went well but only took four hours because he was in such a hurry.”
Little Ezra was born at Ipswich Hospital on September 2, and weighed 6lbs.
You may also want to watch:
The family tree began in 1937 when Ezra’s great-great grandmother May Mason was born.
She then gave birth to great-grandmother Sharon James in 1959, grandmother Kizzi Blomfield was born in 1978, and mother Sharni Andrews arrived in 1995.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 7 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
The 22-year-old describes motherhood as scary but lovely.
She added: “It’s great being a mum, but it is sometimes scary.
“As it is my first time of being a mum, everything feels like it’s something to worry about, but it is lovely to have something to look after and care for.
“Jon is loving being a dad and he was great through the birth, during the pregnancy he said he would never change a nappy but now he does them all.”
Grandmother Kizzi Blomfield is thrilled to have little Ezra in the family.
She said: “I am completely over the moon I am constantly all over him, it is nice to be a younger nan and a younger family.
“I feel like I can be more active and play with him.”