‘I am over the moon’ – Ipswich family welcomes fifth generation
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich family are celebrating the arrival of a baby who is the fifth generation of their family – and the first boy.
Ezra Andrews was very eager to become the latest addition to the family – as he arrived two weeks early, and didn’t want to wait to get to hospital.
His mum Sharni Andrews described the birth as smooth but fast, and said: “We barely had time to get to the hospital, I thought I was going to give birth at home.
“The birth went really smooth and went well but only took four hours because he was in such a hurry.”
Little Ezra was born at Ipswich Hospital on September 2, and weighed 6lbs.
The family tree began in 1937 when Ezra’s great-great grandmother May Mason was born.
She then gave birth to great-grandmother Sharon James in 1959, grandmother Kizzi Blomfield was born in 1978, and mother Sharni Andrews arrived in 1995.
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 3 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 4 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 7 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 8 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 9 Suffolk headteacher criticises school rankings
- 10 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
The 22-year-old describes motherhood as scary but lovely.
She added: “It’s great being a mum, but it is sometimes scary.
“As it is my first time of being a mum, everything feels like it’s something to worry about, but it is lovely to have something to look after and care for.
“Jon is loving being a dad and he was great through the birth, during the pregnancy he said he would never change a nappy but now he does them all.”
Grandmother Kizzi Blomfield is thrilled to have little Ezra in the family.
She said: “I am completely over the moon I am constantly all over him, it is nice to be a younger nan and a younger family.
“I feel like I can be more active and play with him.”