Family tributes to stampede victim
FAMILY tributes have been paid to a Suffolk woman killed when she was trampled by stampeding cattle. Sandra Pearce, 45, from Worlingham, died in the freak accident on Sunday while walking her two Jack Russell dogs at South Elmham Hall, near Bungay.
FAMILY tributes have been paid to a Suffolk woman killed when she was trampled by stampeding cattle.
Sandra Pearce, 45, from Worlingham, died in the freak accident on Sunday while walking her two Jack Russell dogs at South Elmham Hall, near Bungay.
A statement, given on behalf of by Ms Pearce's family by niece Nicola McKiggan, described the 45-year-old as a “loving and cheerful person”.
It said: “Sandra was very much loved by many people and she will be sadly missed by us all.
You may also want to watch:
“She worked for the probation service for a number of years where I know she made a real difference. She was a kind, loving, cheerful person who always had a smile for everyone.
“She had a sister, nieces and nephews and also a great-niece and great-nephews who she loved very much and we loved her too. She also had two dogs, Lilly and Daisy, who she adored and she loved to go on long walks with them, along the beaches and at local beauty spots.
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 7 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 8 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 9 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 10 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
“Losing her to such a tragic accident at such a young age has been very difficult for us as a family to cope with or to understand.”
Miss McKiggan also thanked the people who went to the aid of her aunt.
Sandra was a probation officer at Suffolk Probation Area's Lowestoft office. She qualified as a probation officer in October 1993 having undertaken a programme of training in Hull and Suffolk.