Fancy a beer in the sunshine? Ipswich hosts first leg of German beer festival tour
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A Bavarian-style beer festival has opened its doors at the Grand Marquee at Christchurch Park in Ipswich - showcasing some of the best beers in the world.
The first Krombacher German Beer Festival on Tour kicked off in Ipswich on Thursday and runs until Bank Holiday Monday before it packs up and sets off around the UK.
The bar is serving up a host of tasty beverages to enjoy in the sunshine, including Germany’s most popular brew, Krombacher Pilsner.
The brewery has also created a special beer to celebrate the tour, the Krombacher Kellierbier, which has been made available in the UK for the first time in the firm’s 214 year history.
The cloudy, carbonated, unpasteurised beverage was traditionally only available to the master brewers in Germany, but is now being tested on the British palette.
You may also want to watch:
The five days are split into eight sessions across the weekend. No children are allowed at the event.
For more information and to book tickets see www.krombacherbeerfest.co.uk
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 6 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 7 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 8 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial