Fans have their say on Royle replacement
Town fans have been making their views clear on who should replace Joe Royle - but the verdict is far from clear.
Who would you have to replace Joe Royle and why?
Ian Buxton, of London Road, said: “I would have Alan Curbishley. Because he is free and would be a good manager.
“I think Joe Royle could have done the job though. He hasn't done anything wrong but he needed Sheepshanks to get his cheque book out.”
Gary Cox, of Morland Road, Ipswich, said: “Bring back Bobby Robson. He could turn things around and was always good for Ipswich.”
You may also want to watch:
Adrian Sharpe, of Colchester, said: “I am a Colchester supporter. Things are going well for us so I would say Phil Parkinson would be the one to turn things around. But there is no way Ipswich are having him!”
Jamie Mulley, of Bramblewood, Ipswich, said: “I don't think Joe did anything wrong but he needed the money that's all.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 5 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 6 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
- 10 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
“I don't know who should replace him because if they don't get new players then anyone will do a bad job. Bring him back. He did the best job he could under the circumstances.”
Dan Smy, of Neath Drive, Ipswich, said: “Definitely not George Burley that's for sure. The best guy for the job would be Alex Ferguson but the best available people are Alan Curbishley or Tony Mobray.”