Fans of iconic Christmas Coca-Cola truck queue up to have their photos taken at Asda’s Whitehouse Ipswich superstore
- Credit: Gregg Brown
For many it signals the start to the Christmas holidays – and today the festivities started for those people when the Coca-Cola truck rolled into town.
Taking up its position in the car park of the Asda store in Whitehouse, Ipswich, the truck brought some early Christmas cheer to those who turned up to see it.
Visitors got to have their picture taken at the front of the famous truck, which features in the fizzy-drinks company’s annual Christmas advert, as well as getting free cans of drink.
Though those turning up were obviously fans of the event, not everyone is so keen.
Marie Kel said on Facebook: “Wow I’m so excited to see a lorry NOT” while Paul Gaskin-Barber wrote: “HGV 1 with side advertising, hardly the iconic truck on the adverts.
You may also want to watch:
After darkness fell visitors were treated to a Christmas animation projected onto the side of the truck.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 6 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties