Watch: Ipswich Town fans share favourite Kevin Beattie memories
- Credit: Archant
Town fans have been reminiscing over the club’s greatest player, Kevin Beattie, following his shock death.
‘The Beat’ tragically passed away from a suspected heart attack on Sunday, aged 64.
• Kevin Beattie is given minutes applause before Brentford game.
Bobby Robson once described him as the greatest English player he had ever seen but Town fans were eager to afford Beattie even higher praise before their clash with the Bees.
See their tributes in our video.
You may also want to watch:
Beattie’s grieving family, including wife Maggie, have thanked everyone for their “amazing love and support at this very sad time”.
Beattie made 307 appearances for Ipswich Town, scoring 32 goals, and was an FA Cup and UEFA Cup winner. He was also PFA Young Player of the Year 1973/74 – the inaugural winner of the award
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast