Fans show their disappointment at score
DISAPPOINTMENT and disgrace were the overriding feelings of town fans after Saturdays game left them teetering dangerously on the edge of relegation.Many fans left at half-time, unable to face further humiliation from Bolton Wanderers after they hammered home four goals in the first half.
DISAPPOINTMENT and disgrace were the overriding feelings of town fans after Saturdays game left them teetering dangerously on the edge of relegation.
Many fans left at half-time, unable to face further humiliation from Bolton Wanderers after they hammered home four goals in the first half.
"It was terrible, a real disgrace," said season ticket holder Richard Calver.
"It just came at the wrong time and it was the one game we had a chance to pull back some points but we blew it. Burley needs to stay as it was the players at fault. At least now for the rest of the games the pressure is off as no one is expecting us to win. Although I am quite confident that if we are relegated we will go straight back up," the 20-year-old from Capel St Mary continued.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Franklin and Colette Weller, of Harwich, both said they though Ipswich had lost any hope of staying up now.
"I watched it on television and it was a lot of rubbish. I think we are going down now. There is no way we can save it now. They need to get rid of some of the foreign players they have bought because too much money has been spent and when we go down the team and the rest of the town will really feel it in their pockets," said Mr Franklin.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Hospital site at St Clement's in Ipswich transformed into homes
- 3 New axe-throwing bar with crazy golf and cocktails could be coming to Buttermarket
- 4 How developers hope to bring 'important' town centre building back to use
- 5 See the faces of the criminals who have been jailed in Suffolk this week
- 6 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 7 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 8 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 9 Fisons site owners seeking pre-application advice on fire-hit site
- 10 Invitation-only for booster jabs this autumn and winter
Paul Clarke, from Hadleigh said the team need to sell Finidi George.
"When we are relegated people will stop buying the accessories and this will have an effect.
"They need to sell George as he has done nothing to deserve his place. It will bring the whole town down. I was really disappointed with Saturday."
Doug Winney said: " I am very disappointed that Ipswich are almost definitely going down. They have let the town down a bit. They had a good season last year but that was false because look at us now. It is a disaster for all real Ipswich town supporters."
George Grimwade agreed: "It is a shame for Ipswich as a town as well as for the football team."
With Saturday's lackluster performance edging them ever closer to the nationwide league it seems fans feel the team have let the town down and left them resigned to relegation.