Far-right party in village poll bid
SUFFOLK villagers vented their fury today after it emerged a British National Party representative will contest an election in the county for the first time. The move is intended to "test the water" for possible future election bids in the county.
SUFFOLK villagers vented their fury today after it emerged a British National Party representative will contest an election in the county for the first time.
Paul Goodchild will stand for the far-right party in a by-election in Yoxford on February 5.
And the move is designed to "test the water" for future forays into the county's political scene.
Jenny Kirtley, of Sibton, said: "It's absolutely disgraceful. It would be horrific to have anybody like that in these little villages."
You may also want to watch:
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 3 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 4 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 7 Ipswich bar forced to close early after staff attacked
- 8 Man drove into ex-partner's parked car outside Gainsborough Labour and Social Club
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 10 Developer 'ecstatic' as multi-million pound town hotel gets green light