Farewell to long-serving teacher
PUPILS at Beacon Hill School in Ipswich have paid an emotional farewell to their deputy headteacher, who is retiring after working there for 35 years.Viv Rope was treated to a special performance laid on by the pupils, which included poems, songs and plays, to mark her retirement.
PUPILS at Beacon Hill School in Ipswich have paid an emotional farewell to their deputy headteacher, who is retiring after working there for 35 years.
Viv Rope was treated to a special performance laid on by the pupils, which included poems, songs and plays, to mark her retirement.
She was also presented with an array of gifts, including a digital camera, at a special buffet held in her honour. This was attended by her colleagues, past and present, as well as her husband and friends.
Mrs Rope, 60, of Leicester Close, Ipswich, spent almost her entire teaching career at the school after moving to Suffolk from Cheshire.
You may also want to watch:
She said she has loved her time working at the school.
"It's grown out of all recognition since I've been here, she said.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Central Ipswich office tower could be converted into more than 100 flats
- 3 Dog mess thrown at Ipswich bakery staff in 'nasty' attack
- 4 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 5 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 6 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
- 7 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 8 Power cuts in Ipswich leave businesses closed
- 9 'Large stones' thrown at lorry from A14 bridge near Ipswich
- 10 Is Babergh Council the 'neighbour from hell' in planning?
"I'm fond of the children and it's very rewarding to see them develop. They come on leaps and bounds in confidence by the time they leave."
Headteacher David Stewart paid tribute to the contribution Mrs Rope made to the school and said she would be "enormously missed".
"She is one of those colleagues who is full of enthusiasm, is such a hard worker and is great with the kids, he said.
"How do you replace someone of that sort of experience?"