Farmhouse Five for Females five-mile race a ‘huge success’ on Mother’s Day in Suffolk countryside
- Credit: Archant
Just under 200 women took part in the second-annual, multi-terrain charity fun run.
The event started and finished at Lux Farm in Playford Road in Ipswich. The route took in the countryside in the Fynn Valley area.
The race is a celebration of all women runners.
Event organiser Dawn Meredith-Davies said: “It was a really successful morning.
“Lux Farm is an absolutely stunning barn, we had lovely weather and raised lots of money for the Lighthouse Women’s Aid in Ipswich (a domestic abuse charity).
You may also want to watch:
“The idea behind the race is to encourage all women to get out there and run. It takes place on Mother’s Day and so is a double celebration.
“It is a really family-friendly event with great support. It is nice that mum is doing something nice which she enjoys and is supported by her family.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 5 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 8 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 9 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 10 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
“I imagine the mothers who took part enjoyed a nice Mother’s Day lunch afterwards, some goodies and a really nice massage.”