Farmhouse Five for Females five-mile race a ‘huge success’ on Mother’s Day in Suffolk countryside
- Credit: Archant
Just under 200 women took part in the second-annual, multi-terrain charity fun run.
The event started and finished at Lux Farm in Playford Road in Ipswich. The route took in the countryside in the Fynn Valley area.
The race is a celebration of all women runners.
Event organiser Dawn Meredith-Davies said: “It was a really successful morning.
“Lux Farm is an absolutely stunning barn, we had lovely weather and raised lots of money for the Lighthouse Women’s Aid in Ipswich (a domestic abuse charity).
“The idea behind the race is to encourage all women to get out there and run. It takes place on Mother’s Day and so is a double celebration.
“It is a really family-friendly event with great support. It is nice that mum is doing something nice which she enjoys and is supported by her family.
- 1 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 2 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 3 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 4 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
- 5 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 6 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 7 Revealed: The top serious crash hotspots in Ipswich
- 8 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 9 Planning application for new Taco Bell in Ipswich expected 'imminently'
- 10 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
“I imagine the mothers who took part enjoyed a nice Mother’s Day lunch afterwards, some goodies and a really nice massage.”