Fatal accident causes delays on A12
MOTORISTS faced major delays on the A12 today following a fatal accident in the Kelvedon area.The incident happened on the Ipswich bound carriageway at about 4.
MOTORISTS faced major delays on the A12 today following a fatal accident in the Kelvedon area.
The incident happened on the Ipswich bound carriageway at about 4.30pm when a silver Peugeot 206 is believed to have struck a bridge support and the central barrier.
The air ambulance attended the scene but the driver of the car, believed to be a 70-year-old man from Norfolk, was declared dead at the scene.
Motorists faced major delays while traffic was diverted through Kelvedon.
The road was reopened shortly before 8.30pm.
- 1 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 2 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 3 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 7 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 8 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 9 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 10 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market