Fatal crash motorcyclist named
A MOTORCYCLIST who died after colliding with a telegraph pole has today been named.Police have said the motorcyclist was 18-year-old as Andrew Armstrong, of Queensway, Haverhill.
A MOTORCYCLIST who died after colliding with a telegraph pole has today been named.
Police have said the motorcyclist was 18-year-old as Andrew Armstrong, of Queensway, Haverhill.
Mr Amstrong was pronounced dead at the scene of the collision in Burton End, Haverhill shortly after 2pm yesterday.
It is believed no one else was involved in the incident.
Traffic police officers and paramedics were called to the scene of the accident, which is believed to have happened on grassland close to the town's bypass system.
Mr Armstrong became the second motorcyclist from the town to be killed in just four days.
- 1 Boys, 15 and 16, arrested after man injured in machete attack in Ipswich
- 2 Hunt for convicted murderer released on temporary licence in Ipswich
- 3 Ann Summers on the move in Ipswich
- 4 'Really concerning' – Shock after machete attack at Ipswich sports centre
- 5 Award winning Felixstowe family card shop turns 75
- 6 See inside £715k mid Suffolk townhouse for sale after major revamp
- 7 First look at new Arlingtons as venue reopening today
- 8 Pre-school celebrating 'right result' after Ofsted good rating
- 9 Can you spot yourself in our Festival of Wheels gallery?
- 10 Mapped: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in June
On Sunday, Kevin Jones, 30, of Hales Barn Road, died after his Suzuki motorbike was involved in a collision with a Peugeot car on the B1106 at the North Stow picnic park, south of Elveden.
A 46-year-old man, from Bury St Edmunds, has been arrested and bailed to return to Bury Police Station on September 27.