Father believes son is innocent
THE FATHER of a man accused of murdering his wife in their Suffolk home said he believes his son is innocent of the crime.Anthony Morley was arrested following the discovery of Joanne Morley's body at their home in Eagle Walk, Bury St Edmunds.
THE FATHER of a man accused of murdering his wife in their Suffolk home said he believes his son is innocent of the crime.
Anthony Morley was arrested following the discovery of Joanne Morley's body at their home in Eagle Walk, Bury St Edmunds.
A post mortem carried out this week into the cause of the 42-year-old's death revealed she had died from a blow to the head.
Mr Morley's father, Aubrey, 64 said he had been left devastated by the news of his son's arrest, and insisted he would not be capable of murder.
He said: “This is a complete nightmare. Tony is such a nice, lovely guy. He is hard working and does not deserve to be in the muddle he is in.
“He has never done anyone any harm, and is just not the type of person who would do something like this.”
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 6 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 7 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food spots around Ipswich
- 8 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 9 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
Anthony Morley, who works as a chef at West Suffolk Hospital, Bury, made his first court appearance on Tuesday when he stood before magistrates in Bury.
The case has now been transferred to Ipswich Crown Court and adjourned to July 5.
A 23-year-old man was also arrested on suspicion of Mrs Morley's murder. He has been released on police bail and ordered to return to Bury Police Station on July 5.