Fears grow for missing 14-year-old boy
A SEARCH is on today for a 14-year-old Ipswich boy who has gone missing from home.David Beresford had been staying with his father in Inverness Road but left the house at around 5.
A SEARCH is on today for a 14-year-old Ipswich boy who has gone missing from home.
David Beresford had been staying with his father in Inverness Road but left the house at around 5.30pm on Sunday to play in a nearby park.
But he did not return home and, other than a phone call to his father from a Norwich telephone kiosk, he has not been heard of since.
Suffolk police are becoming increasingly concerned about the teenager who has learning difficulties.
David goes to a special school in Cumbria but the last time he was there was March 14 when he left to go home on leave.
He has been known to go missing before for a number of days at a time.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 3 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 4 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 5 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 6 Teenager found almost a month after being reported missing
- 7 Orwell Bridge could be affected after snow and high winds forecast
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 10 One lane of A12 closed after three vehicle crash near Copdock Interchange
Ipswich police are working with Norfolk and Cumbria forces to try and find the youngster.
He is described as white, 5ft 8in tall with short fair hair and of slim build. When he left on Sunday he was wearing dark blue jeans and a white long sleeved sweatshirt.
Anyone who might know of David's whereabouts should call the duty sergeant at Ipswich police on 01473 613500 or anonymous calls can be made to Crimestoppers on free phone 0800 555 111.