Fears growing for missing Norman Carter, 85, from Westerfield
- Credit: Archant
An 85-year-old man has gone missing from his home in Westerfield.
Norman Carter was last seen leaving Lower Road yesterday at around 9.50am.
Mr Carter went to his place of work in Cauldwell Hall Road, Ipswich, where he would normally remain at until 3.30pm.
His usual routine would then be to catch the Number 75 First Bus into the town centre, in time to get on the 4.15pm Number 118 Galloway bus from the Old Cattle Market back to Westerfield, arriving in the village at 4.23pm.
Mr Carter did not return home yesterday evening and he was subsequently reported missing to police.
You may also want to watch:
His disappearance is considered out of character and as such family members and police are concerned for his welfare.
He is described as white, 5ft 4ins tall, of medium build, with white receding hair. He was wearing a blue long-sleeved shirt, blue blazer, mustard-coloured three-quarter length coat, brown trousers and carrying a black umbrella.
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 7 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 8 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 9 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 10 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
To help, call the duty sergeant at Felixstowe Police Station on 101.