Fears of second Suffolk bombing victim
ANOTHER Ipswich man is thought to have been killed in last Thursday's bomb attacks on London, it emerged today.Police liaison officers have been assigned to support a family in the town who reported a man missing after the attacks.
ANOTHER Ipswich man is thought to have been killed in last Thursday's bomb attacks on London, it emerged today.
Police liaison officers have been assigned to support a family in the town who reported a man missing after the attacks.
It is thought the missing man lives in the south west of the town.
The family has asked for privacy, and police said they would not be able to issue any further details until a body has been identified and an inquest is opened by the Westminster coroner.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk police spokesman Simon Stevens said: "We have deployed two family liaison officers to provide support to a family in Ipswich who have reported a male member of the family as missing following the major incident in London on Thursday."
A total of 11 victims of the London bombings have now been identified, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 9 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
Prime Minister Tony Blair told the House of Commons that at least 52 people died during the attacks. The final death toll is expected to be higher.
A police spokesman said eight inquests are to be opened today, including those into the deaths of Jamie Gordon, 30, and Philip Russell, 28, and a further two will be opened tomorrow.
The first victim to be named was mother-of-two Susan Levy, 53, from Newgate Street Village, Cuffley, Herts.
Her husband Harry said he and her family were "distraught".
An inquest into her death has been opened and adjourned at St Pancras Coroner's Court in London by Dr Andrew Reid.
Mr Gordon, of Enfield, north London, and Mr Russell, from west London, were killed in the Tavistock Square bus explosion.
Mr Russell took his fateful journey on the number 30 bus after ringing bosses at JP Morgan to say he was being evacuated from Euston Tube station.
The names of two more of those who died at Tavistock Square are expected to be confirmed at St Pancras Coroner's Court today.
It is not thought the inquests today and tomorrow will consider the deaths of any of the four bombers.
The father of Richard Ellery, 21, went to London in a bid to find him after he travelled into Liverpool Street station from his home in Ipswich on his way to work at Jessops store in Kensington.
Parents Trevor and Beverley said they were "extremely worried' about their son and Mr Ellery, from Southampton, has travelled to the capital with 19-year-old son Timothy and their local vicar.
Benedetta Ciaccia's fiance has not heard from her since receiving a text message at 7am on Thursday morning.
The 30-year-old business analyst, from Norwich, caught the 6.20am train to Liverpool Street, which arrived at 8.40am.
She usually took the Underground to the office of Pearson, on the Strand, but it is not known which route she used.
Six more victims of the London terror attack have been named today by Scotland Yard.
Officers said Shayanuja Parathasangary, 30, of Kensal Rise was believed to have died at Tavistock Square in the number 30 bus explosion.
She had been travelling to work at the Royal Mail offices in Alder Street.
Miriam Hyman, 31, of Barnet, is also thought to have died on the bus.
A spokesman said that William Wise and Shahara Islam, 20, of Plaistow, east London, also died on the bus.
Ciaran Cassidy, 22, who lives with his parents in Finsbury Park, died at the Russell Square site.
Dental technician Mihaela Otto, 46, known as Michelle, of Mill Hill, died on the Piccadilly line between King's Cross and Russell Square.
Police said the name of another female victim would be released later today and confirmed the details of a male victim are being verified.
The national casualty line is 0870 1566344.