Fears rise for missing OAP patient
CONCERN is mounting today regarding the disappearance of an elderly man who walked out of Ipswich Hospital.Charles Garwood, 77, from Felixstowe, had been receiving treatment on Kesgrave ward and was last seen by staff at the hospital at about midday yesterday.
CONCERN is mounting today regarding the disappearance of an elderly man who walked out of Ipswich Hospital.
Charles Garwood, 77, from Felixstowe, had been receiving treatment on Kesgrave ward and was last seen by staff at the hospital at about midday yesterday.
Police are particularly worried for Mr Garwood's welfare as he is described as being in a confused state.
Hospital staff are today continuing to carry out searches around the hospital buildings and grounds and the police helicopter was also called in to help with the search.
You may also want to watch:
It is thought that Mr Garwood could be heading towards the Bury St Edmunds area as he used to live in the area and has connections there.
The pensioner is described as white, 5ft 8ins, of slim build, with medium length white hair. At the time he went missing he was wearing a dark green coat, black trousers and was carrying a red and navy bag.
- 1 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 2 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 3 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 4 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 5 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 6 35 pictures from Ipswich Town's friendly clash with Palace
- 7 Christmas in July! Ipswich friends host summer festive feast
- 8 The 10 most Instagrammable spots in Ipswich - is your favourite on the list?
- 9 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 10 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
Anybody who thinks they may have seen Mr Garwood or knows his whereabouts should contact the duty sergeant at Ipswich police station on 01473 613500.