Seaside themed yarn bomb trail is new resort attraction
- Credit: CHARLOTTE BOND
Families are being urged to look out for the seagulls at the seaside this summer - as part of a fun new art trail to explore.
The yarn bomb event called Felix the Seagull and Friends is taking place at Felixstowe throughout the school summer holidays, starting on Wednesday, July 21.
Talented Debby Cloud from The Wool Baa in Hamilton Road has been busy creating ten wonderful new woolly creations for the trail.
Earlier this year Debby decorated the tops of Royal Mail post-boxes around the town with a series of knitted creations to make people smile.
Starting from Felixstowe railway station, the trail runs through the seafront, ending at the Visit Felixstowe Tourist Information Centre beach hut.
You may also want to watch:
Along the way, people can search for the 10 seagulls, collect their names and then work out the big puzzle word. Completed forms can then be posted in the box at The Wool Baa or the VF beach hut - with prizes to be won.
A free ‘Felix the Seagull and Friends’ trail sheet is available from the Wool Baa, P and K Home Interiors, King’s of Felixstowe, Ruby & Scarlet, Stillwater Books, Hills Jewellers, Suffolk Living, Livia’s Boutique and the Visit Felixstowe hut.
- 1 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 2 Ipswich bar forced to close early after staff attacked
- 3 New restaurant set to open at former Little Waitrose store this year
- 4 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 5 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 6 Man in his 80s seriously injured after crash near Copdock
- 7 A12 closed near Ipswich following serious collision
- 8 Celebrations as Starbucks opens its new Ipswich drive-thru
- 9 60 sausage dogs enjoy picnic in Ipswich's Christchurch Park
- 10 Road reopens after crash in Ipswich street
The trail has been funded by the work of the East Suffolk Lines Community Rail Partnership, in association with Visit Felixstowe.