Felixstowe: Alleged gang rape victim’s tears over footage of ‘attack’ in Holland Road
FELIXSTOWE: A 17-year-old girl who claims she was gang raped by four men at a house in Felixstowe broke down in tears while she was being shown mobile phone film footage of the alleged attack.
The 57-second long film was played to the alleged victim on the third day of the trial at Ipswich Crown Court of four Lithuanian men who have denied raping her at a house in Holland Road, Felixstowe in the early hours of New Year’s Day 2010.
The girl was warned the film was going to be played on video equipment in the court but as soon as it started and an image of her with two men came up on a screen she started crying and said, “I can’t watch it”.
After a short adjournment the girl returned to court and was able to continue answering questions from prosecution counsel Matthew McNiff without the rest of the footage being shown to her.
Before the court are Arturas Bagdziunas, 28, who was living at Leeward Court, St Andrew’s Road, Felixstowe; Minddaugas Mickevicius, 31, then of Holland Road, Felixstowe; Alvaras Urbonas, 25, of Sea Road, Felixstowe; and Edgaras Sliburis, 19, of Peterhead, Scotland.
You may also want to watch:
All four have each denied three charges of raping the girl, who was 16 at the time.
It has been alleged that after agreeing to go to the house in Holland Road the girl was pushed into a bedroom by Bagdziunas and raped by the four defendants. Part of the alleged incident was recorded on a mobile phone and has been played to the jury during the trial.
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 7 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 8 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 9 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 10 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
The case continues today.