Fun fuelled events at Felixstowe in 1973
- Credit: John Kerr
And they’re off! We take a drive down to Felixstowe in today’s days gone by, the Eastern Counties Motor Club took on the autotests in 1973.
Vintage sports cars burned some rubber as they made their way around the tight course in a show of skill and accuracy.
A host of petrolheads gathered to watch the event unfold, some with tense looks on their faces as the drivers got close to the obstacles.
A classic Mini took a sharp corner, to try and get a fast time, and a VW Beetle geared up to try and beat the opposition.
The winners were awarded with their trophies.
You may also want to watch:
Do you remember the Eastern Counties Motor Club, did you attend any of their events?
- 1 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 2 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 3 Delays expected at A14 Copdock Interchange
- 4 Fire marshals to patrol Waterfront block 24/7 and balconies could be removed
- 5 Burglars crept into Ipswich home while occupant was inside
- 6 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 7 'I love it' –shoppers and retailers hope Ipswich street closure is here to stay
- 8 Ipswich street closure could be made permanent under consultation plans
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Rogue trader steals money after offering to repair car