Felixstowe: Bingo-playing MP Therese Coffey donates winnings to hospital
- Credit: Archant
Two little ducks, Kelly’s eye and David’s den proved just the ticket for Suffolk Coastal MP Therese Coffey as she scooped a full house – and donated her winnings to a local hospital.
Dr Coffey won £150 while enjoying a bingo session at the Palace Bingo hall in Felixstowe during a visit to publicise her ultimately successful petition for a cut in bingo tax.
She said: “I have played a couple of times in the past, including at the Palace.
“I said right from the start that if I won anything I would give it to Felixstowe Community Hospital and then I went and won the biggest house on the night!”
Yesterday she presented the cash to the League of Friends of Felixstowe Community Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Coffey said: “I know how hard the league works all year round with various activities, quiz nights and coffee mornings, to raise money for those bits of extra equipment the hospital needs.”
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 5 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 6 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 7 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot