Felixstowe: Caravan at holiday park is wrecked in blaze
A FAMILY has today been told their cherished caravan has been destroyed after fire ripped through the holiday home.
Two fire crews attended the blaze at the Felixstowe Beach holiday park in Walton Avenue.
Investigations are still going on into the cause of the blaze, which happened at about 12.45am today.
It was owned by a family from Little Oakley, Essex, who use it regularly, but luckily no-one was staying in it at the time of the incident.
They have been informed by the park owners that the static holiday home has been written off.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters had to isolate the gas supply attached to the caravan. The blaze was out within half an hour and they then spent some time at the site damping down.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
- 7 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
- 9 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 10 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl