Felixstowe child abuser due in court
A WOMAN who neglected and abused two children is to be sentenced in the New Year.Dawn Rogers, 23, formerly of Felixstowe but currently living in Withipoll Street, Ipswich, was due to be sentenced at Ipswich Crown Court yesterday (Friday).
A WOMAN who neglected and abused two children is to be sentenced in the New Year.
Dawn Rogers, 23, formerly of Felixstowe but currently living in Withipoll Street, Ipswich, was due to be sentenced at Ipswich Crown Court last Friday.
However, defence barrister Naomi Perry insisted more information was required before the "deeply depressed" woman could be sentenced.
Hugh Vass, prosecuting, said Rogers had pleaded guilty to inflicting actual bodily harm on one of the children.
The court heard a psychological and psychiatric report had been prepared but a pre-sentence report was also requested.
Judge Nicholas Beddard said: "It is up to you now to keep the appointment with the Probation Service and if you don't I will have no choice but to have you arrested. I am determined that the judge that does sentence you has all the information available."
- 1 A14 closed in both directions near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 8 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 9 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 10 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams
Rogers was released on conditional bail and is due to be sentenced during the week commencing January 6.