Felixstowe child abuser due in court
A WOMAN who neglected and abused two children is to be sentenced in the New Year.Dawn Rogers, 23, formerly of Felixstowe but currently living in Withipoll Street, Ipswich, was due to be sentenced at Ipswich Crown Court yesterday (Friday).
A WOMAN who neglected and abused two children is to be sentenced in the New Year.
Dawn Rogers, 23, formerly of Felixstowe but currently living in Withipoll Street, Ipswich, was due to be sentenced at Ipswich Crown Court last Friday.
However, defence barrister Naomi Perry insisted more information was required before the "deeply depressed" woman could be sentenced.
Hugh Vass, prosecuting, said Rogers had pleaded guilty to inflicting actual bodily harm on one of the children.
You may also want to watch:
The court heard a psychological and psychiatric report had been prepared but a pre-sentence report was also requested.
Judge Nicholas Beddard said: "It is up to you now to keep the appointment with the Probation Service and if you don't I will have no choice but to have you arrested. I am determined that the judge that does sentence you has all the information available."
- 1 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 2 Community 'very shocked' by stabbing in Ipswich
- 3 Drug dealer seen bragging in YouTube rap videos
- 4 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 5 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 6 Work to start on new Ipswich town centre retirement homes
- 7 Burglary at O2 store in Ipswich town centre
- 8 Man to be sentenced over 'dine and dash' spree
- 9 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 10 Pair in court following suspected stolen dogs raid at West Meadows
Rogers was released on conditional bail and is due to be sentenced during the week commencing January 6.