Felixstowe: Cooking kit to help get culinary juices flowing
- Credit: Archant
Taste buds are tingling at a Felixstowe school after it was presented with a cooking kit worth £700 by bosses at a new store.
Youngsters at Causton Junior won the equipment in a competition to celebrate the opening of the M&S Simply Food store at Martlesham Heath.
The kit contains a full range of cooking utensils, saucepans, cake trays and scales.
It’s a timely win for the school, as it has just revamped its classroom kitchen, so the new M&S items will fit in perfectly.
Store manager Mike Humphreys went to meet the youngsters, who were thrilled and eager to get cooking, and present them with the kit.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It was a pleasure to see the pupils of Causton Junior School so excited to receive the cooking kit. Cooking is still an important part of the school curriculum and we hope that it can be used as a useful tool to spark the imagination and interest of pupils, whilst also helping to instil the importance of healthy eating in every child.”
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 10 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned