Felixstowe: Daredevils are all set for resort skate competition
EXTREME sports lovers from across the county are today being invited to show off their best tricks and turns at a skatepark competition.
Youngsters from the resort are organising this year’s Felixstowe Skatepark Jam competition in Cavendish Park and it is hoped that plenty of people will turn up to show their support.
The event will see people on skateboards, BMXs and scooters take part in the competition which will be running throughout the day on August 26.
Kurtis Morling, 18, of Pond Close, is one of the organisers of the event and he is hoping to see lots of people showing off their skills.
He said: “It’s going to be a fun day.
“It will be good, especially for the little ones. They will get excited and hopefully they will bring their families over.”
The event is open to everyone in the community and there will be something for everyone to enjoy.
- 1 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 2 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 3 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
- 4 Food review, La Cueva, Ipswich: 'Delicious food... and sparkly cocktails!'
- 5 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 6 Jail for Ipswich man who stole £2,000 worth of goods from Suffolk stores
- 7 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Group of youths seen carrying weapons in Ipswich park
- 10 Education 'exemplary' at Outstanding Ipswich academy
As well as the extreme sports that will be on show, there are set to be activities for youngsters and there will also be a barbecue.
Mr Morling added: “Hopefully it will all go to plan and hopefully we will have one next year as well.”
Money that is raised at some of the stalls will also be donated to the Blue Cross.
The event at Cavendish Park, in Grange Farm Avenue, is free to get in to and registration to take part in the competition will start at 11am.
About 100 people turned up to last year’s Skate Jam, but heavy rain saw it delayed several times.
? Are you looking forward to the Felixstowe Skatepark Jam? Write to Your Letters, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, IP4 1AN, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org