Felixstowe drink-driver in go-kart gets another ban after third drink-drive offence
- Credit: PA
A painter and decorator caught driving a go-kart while more than twice the drink-drive limit has been disqualified from driving.
James Ward, of Melford Way, Felixstowe, had previously pleaded guilty to his third drink-drive offence and his second in three years when he appeared before Ipswich magistrates.
A further offence of failing to stop for a police officer was withdrawn.
Ward, 32, was behind the wheel of a red, seven-year-old, four-wheeled kart with a petrol motor when a police officer saw him in Princes Road, Felixstowe, on November 12.
After he was stopped a roadside breath test was carried out which gave a positive reading.
You may also want to watch:
A further breath test showed Ward had 88 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath. The legal limit is 35mcgs.
Ward was disqualified from driving for 36 months.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 7 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 8 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 9 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
He was also fined £240 and ordered to pay £85 costs as well as £30 to the victims’ fund.