Felixstowe farm worker awaits fate after being convicted of six child sex offences
A Suffolk farmworker has been found guilty of six child sex offences including sexually assaulting a teenager in a tractor and having intercourse with her in a barn.
Gordon Davies-Morris, of Kirton Road, Trimley St Martin, near Felixstowe, had denied the charges.
However, the 46-year-old was convicted of five offences of sexual activity with a child and one offence of inciting a child to engage in sexual activity following a trial at Ipswich Crown Court.
Judge Martyn Levett adjourned sentencing until June 1 in order for a pre-sentence report to be compiled.
During his trial the jury heard Davies-Morris touched his victim inappropriately when she was 13 and then got her to masturbate him before progressing to having sex with her.
Giving evidence Davies-Morris denied having a sexual relationship with the girl and said there had not been any sexual contact with her in his tractor.
He also denied touching the girl’s breasts in front of her friends and he said he had not admitted in text messages that he had sexually assaulted her.
- 1 Man suffers fractured eye socket after attack outside Ipswich bus station
- 2 Suffolk rail services affected after person hit by a train
- 3 Woman who stole £24k from school and football club to face sentence
- 4 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 5 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 6 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 8 Plans for 440 homes and visitor centre in Ipswich Garden Suburb submitted
- 9 Ipswich climber's death was a 'tragic and unexpected accident'
- 10 Plans to convert town centre office to five flats
Duncan O’Donnell, prosecuting, told the court the offences came to light after the girl told a relative last year what Davies-Morris had done to her.
She had also shown someone she knew text messages from the defendant in which he asked her if she wanted him to go to the police.
Mr O’Donnell said Davies-Morris had got the girl to touch him intimately in a tractor while he was at work and had sex with her in a barn.
Davies-Morris is currently on conditional bail until his sentencing.