Felixstowe film hits small screen
TELEVISION viewers will get the chance to see a popular seaside resort as never before when it makes its debut on the small screen this weekend.The Lost Sock is the only full-length feature film ever made from start to finish in Felixstowe to be shown on TV.
TELEVISION viewers will get the chance to see a popular seaside resort as never before when it makes its debut on the small screen this weekend.
The Lost Sock is the only full-length feature film ever made from start to finish in Felixstowe to be shown on TV.
The science fiction comedy - which sees aliens take over the end of the town's pier - will air on satellite channel Information TV on Saturday.
The 90-minute film, which took around three years to complete, also features Evening Star Felixstowe Editor Richard Cornwell and popular BBC Radio Suffolk presenter Rachel Sloane.
You may also want to watch:
It was made entirely on an amateur basis and came about after a casual chat between director Chris Gosling and writer Dave Feakes.
More than 100 local people, firms and organisations were involved with the filming, while Suffolk police provided a pair of special constables and a squad car, the Port of Felixstowe an ambulance and paramedics, and Charlie Manning gave the production crew free rein in his amusement arcades.
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
Mr Gosling said he was “terrifically proud” to be part of a “real community effort”.
The Lost Sock will be shown on Information TV, Sky Channel 167, at midday on Saturday and at the same time every Saturday during September as well as every Friday at midnight.