Felixstowe: Girls capture judges’ hearts to scoop town talent award
- Credit: Archant
SISTER act Pink Lemonade were crowned winners of this year’s Felixstowe’s Got Talent after a sell-out final of the popular talent competition.
Organisers were delighted with the attendance at the event – and the quality of the acts taking part.
It was the third year running Felixstowe Carnival has held the competition and plans are already in hand to stage it again next year and make it bigger and better than ever.
Musical duo Pink Lemonade had won their heat the week before and returned to take the winners trophy in the final at Felixstowe Beach Holiday Park, Walton Avenue.
The pair, Katie and Lucy Peake, aged 15 and 13, sang a song from the musical Matilda to qualify and in the final performed a song from the show Wicked.
It was the second year running the girls, who have performed three times at the Royal Albert Hall and at Disneyland Paris, had made it to the final.
Free running stunt team Escape Reality were the runners-up and singing duo Imperfect Angels came third.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at park in Ipswich
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 4 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 5 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
- 6 Teenage moped driver arrested in Ipswich after failing drug test
- 7 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 8 Jail for Ipswich man who stole £2,000 worth of goods from Suffolk stores
- 9 Food review, La Cueva, Ipswich: 'Delicious food... and sparkly cocktails!'
- 10 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
Twelve acts took part in the final – the top three voted for by the judges in each of the three heats, plus a “wild card” chosen by the audience as its favourite each time.
The heats featured a range of acts including singers, dancers, poets and a range of variety acts.
Clive Bamberger, one of the judges, said: “I was very impressed – the final was a brilliant night, very exciting, and the competition showed that we have some wonderful talent out there.”
On the final night, the audience was also treated to performances by singer Destiny Michelle, and previous Felixstowe’s Got Talent winners Gerry Bremner and Connie Lamb.
Host was Peter Phillips, and the event was sponsored by the East of England Co-operative Society.
The winners will perform on stage in Langer Park at Felixstowe Carnival, which which takes place on August 10 and 11.