Felixstowe: Gruelling charity walk to take on extra significance for charitable Felixstowe duo
- Credit: Archant
A charitable Felixstowe duo are preparing to tackle a gruelling 100km walk to raise vital funds for a breast cancer charity.
Isobel Whiting and Donna Begg will join thousands of other people on the London2Brighton challenge but for them, the trek will take on added significance.
For Isobel, of Orford Road, it will mark 15 years since she was diagnosed with breast cancer and for Donna, 35, it will be 10 years since her mother died from the disease.
Isobel, 45, said: “For me it is like a celebration of still being here.
“We have done the London MoonWalk before and because it is 15 years, we wanted to do something a bit more special.
“It will never go away because I will always have that fear that it will return, but at the same time I have to recognise how lucky I am. It is fantastic for my children I am still here and you have to celebrate life.”
The pair hope to raise £2,000 for the Walk the Walk charity from the event on May 25.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Lorry overturns on A14 roundabout in Felixstowe
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 7 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 8 5 roadworks in Suffolk for motorists to avoid this week
- 9 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
They have been training since February and they have walked about 400 miles in that time.
Donna said: “We have both got daughters so it is important to raise money and awareness.”
Isobel added: “Even if we have to crawl over the line, we will do it. It is nerve racking and it is going to be emotional – we know that already.”
To sponsor Isobel and Donna, visit www.walkthewalkfundraising.org/belladonnadolondon2brighton