Five weeks of roadworks set for town centre
- Credit: Archant
Drivers using Felixstowe town centre will face weeks of roadworks to start the new year as highways contractors upgrade one of the resort's busiest junctions.
According to Suffolk Highways' signs the work is due to start on January 4 and last five weeks.
The project will see an upgrade of the traffic lights at the Cobbold Road-Hamilton Road-Crescent Road junction, near the library and Palace cinema and bingo hall.
The work has been planned for some time and was due to take place at the end of last summer.
Suffolk Highways' roadworks website says the work will involve a traffic lights upgrade of the four-way signals and improvements to the pedestrian crossing signals.
You may also want to watch:
It is not believed there will be any change to the lay-out of the junction.
Highways said the work will take place between 7am and 4.30pm daily and warned there could be some delays for motorists.
- 1 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 2 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 3 Man Tasered by police while armed with knife is jailed
- 4 Video captures car engulfed by inferno of flames in Morrisons car park
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after BMW ploughs into tree
- 6 Touching tributes paid to 'kind-hearted' Ipswich council worker of 25 years
- 7 Could a change in bus services help keep passengers moving post-Covid?
- 8 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 9 Further snow possible this weekend as weather warning issued
- 10 Suspected drug dealer charged after police seize £2,000 from car