Felixstowe/Harwich: Body recovered from sea off The Dip
- Credit: citizenside.com
Coastguards recovered the body of a man from the sea off Felixstowe on Saturday afternoon.
The drama happened at about 4.20pm off the Dip at Felixstowe – but other people in the sea at the time were unaware of the tragedy that was unfolding.
An RNLI inshore rescue crew from Harwich were called out after the man’s body was spotted in the sea by a group of windsurfers offshore.
The body was recovered by the lifeboat and taken back to their Harwich base where the death was certified and the body was taken away in a private ambulance.
Police from Suffolk and Essex are co-operating on the investigation into the death. The body was taken to a mortuary in Essex but a spokeswoman in Chelmsford said the investigation would be handled by Suffolk police.
You may also want to watch:
The tragedy is the second drowning in the area within a few days.
On Wednesday the body of a man was pulled from the River Orwell between Pin Mill and Levington.
- 1 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 2 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 3 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 4 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 5 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 6 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 7 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 8 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 9 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood
- 10 High winds close Ipswich festival event temporarily